Paint the Bigger Picture
The Painted Picture exercise helps leaders think holistically. It is intended to help free the mind to envision your desired future in a 3-5 year timeframe, without initially focusing on where you are today, or how to get to that future state.
- Life balance – all four quadrants must be in balance
- You cannot be your best in any of the four areas, without being in balance in all four
- This balance leads to convergence – the intersection of your gifts, talents, passions, and purpose
- Convergence allows you to operate at your hightest level and to achieve fulfillment
- Margin in essential; without adding time, we must create time for the things that matter most. Prioritize the things that matter most over things that metter less. Then deselect or adjust.
- Focus – be intentional, proactice, and strategic in all aspects of your life, in all four quadrants
We seek a holistic approach to the extent you desire – talking about goals that impact all aspects of your life – personal, family/friends, spiritual and professional. The emphasis is on the professional, and we will talk about the other areas as much or as little as you wish.
As part of the painted picture exercise, leaders complete pre-work which we review, and helps sets the stage for a 2-3-hour session. We will then provide a summary report and meet with you to review/finalize.
Listed below is a sample of the series of questions:
- What level and type of involvement you want to have in your business at that date – What role and level of decision-making do you want to have?
- Is it important to have anything of your legacy, values or brand left behind?
There are a series of thought-provoking questions in each category.
What not to include: what you are doing today or how you want to get to the next phase. Avoid focus here for now. This helps you get to a true picture of what is important to you in the future.
The Painted Picture approach helps clarify and define what matters to you in terms of the future you desire. Once we have this in hand, you will find it much easier have clarity on your top priorities personally and for your business.
The Painted Picture is the precursor to any future planning process – e.g., strategic planning (we call it Orion), or exit strategy planning.
Simplifying the process is our speciality.
1. Schedule a Call
We’ll hear from you about your goals, what you’re looking for, and help determine which steps to take next. We’ll be the guide as you stay in the driver’s seat.
2. Create your Painted Picture
Our hyper-customized Orion Plan allows us to move intentionally and with focus.
3. Develop a Plan to Achieve your Desired Goals
At the end of it all, you have the plan and are better prepared for any economic downturn your company might face.